Flashing pipo m9 firmware using windows
Installing new firmware using windows is fairly easy. First you need to get tool for flashing, Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.6.zip and then, firmware itself. Here's link to original firmware on Pipo M9 manufacturer site: http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Product&a=show4&type=2&id=260 . I chose the latest for my device, M9_update_wifi_EN_20130723.img (PiPO M9 software_NO 3G_new pcb_english version_20130723). It's kindof heavy, more than 600 Mb, so it will take a while to download.
Meanwhile, let's think about backups. I suggest using Titanium Backup to save game progress or special settings you might currently have, but your existing device should be rooted first. Take a look at rooting tutorial if you haven't rooted it yet. Keep in mind that "sdcard" will be erased during firmware install. You must copy backups/download folders/etc to external storage, i.e. flash drive or actual sdcard. If you've taken backups using Titanium Backup, remember to copy /sdcard/TitaniumBackup to USB flash drive.
Now, the rooting itself.
1. Unzip the Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.6.zip, open folder and launch "RKBatchTool.exe".
2. If application launches correctly, load firmware image in application using "..." button on top right.
3. Hook device to computer. If computer asks for device driver, manually locate "RockusbDriver" folder and appropriate architecture for your computer. If everything is okay so far, it should look like this:
4. If your tablet is fully started (i.e. shows homescreen), firmware cannot be flashed. You must load it into firmware flashing mode. Press button "Switch" on bottom center of application. In few seconds, purple screen should turn green.
5. Device is ready to flash. Make sure your computer won't loose power (electricity), that device is charged to at least 30% and do not unplug device while firmware is being loaded onto it. Process should take no more than 5 minutes. Press "Upgrade" button to proceed.
It's normal that the tablet indicator in application will flash yellow, do not hesitate about that. It will show status next to it.
Messages will update according to status, when it's fully finished, you can unhook device from USB and it will load. It might look like it's stuck on bootscreen during first boot, but do not press anything (except if it's stuck on bootscreen for more than ~15 minutes), just wait.